Friday, 26 October 2012

How did we get here?

Well here I am, 7 months pregnant. Our little nugget will be here before we know it. She is already the best surprise we could have ever hoped for.

But how did we get here?

More surprises, I suppose. God has a funny sense of humor. He has given me everything I never thought I wanted. Like this guy.

Instead of being swept off my feet by an older, wiser, accomplished man in a book store, I got Brandon. And thank goodness God knows better than we do. Instead of the man who knows how to order espresso, and talks of travel and politics, I found a guy who looks great in baseball pants and makes me laugh every single day.

Brandon and I met after I graduated from college, and was starting my first job as a second grade teacher. He was finishing his last year at school, and was all too forward about his feelings for me. I liked his company, but I preferred to keep him in the friend zone, still holding out for the man I swore I was supposed to meet reaching for milk in the dairy aisle of grocery store, some magical, fateful moment.

Brandon asked me to be his girlfriend everyday for 4 weeks. Saying yes was the best decision I ever made.

2009
2010
2011
2012
So how did we get here?

We are here because God has written a much better plan for us than we could ever imagine for ourselves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment