Thursday, 22 November 2012

I am Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all get to spend this day with people you love, stuffing yourselves full of turkey, pie and crescent rolls! :)

Ya'll... I have so much to be thankful for this year it isn't even right! Brandon and I have been so blessed, and would never have imagined where this year would have brought us.

This time last year, Brandon had been laid off, we were living with his parents in Northern Virginia, and I was working like mad to support us during a really trying time. When you are down on your luck, you really question what lesson God is trying to teach you, why he's closing doors, and why you feel continually tested. We prayed every night that we would know what to do next, and prayed for faith, that we could let Him lead.

Months later, Brandon accepted a job in Georgia that we could not refuse. I know I complain a lot about living in a small town. But I always told Brandon, I'd follow him anywhere... Alaska, Guam, and even the middle of nowhere Georgia.

I am thankful for our new home, and Brandon's great job.

I am thankful I have a husband who compliments me, and shows me affection every single day. I married my best friend in the world.

I am thankful for our wonderful families, whom supported us in so many ways during those difficult times.

I am thankful for a God who writes beautiful plans for our life. A God who loves us despite ourselves.

I am thankful for our sweet fur babies who give us so much unconditional love.

 

And most of all, I'm thankful for the little turkey rolling around in my tummy. My life will never be the same. I love you so much already.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment