Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The Name Game

Am I the only person who started dreaming about baby names as soon as they found out they were pregnant? My husband thought I was a crazy person. Apparently, I liked talking about baby names a lot more than he did.

I would make these super long lists of names and read them off to him for a Yes, No, or I don't hate it. I don't think I ever got a Yes. But the "I don't hate its" graduated to a smaller list that I could try warming him up to.

My husband and I have totally different naming styles. If he was ever to make a list of potential baby names they would read off like this: Brittany, Caitlin, Emma, and of course his boy names consisted of pro golfers and football players. Brady anyone?

Now there's nothing wrong with those names, but it wasn't my cup of tea. We all used to sit in Kindergarten with a few kids named Lauren, Megan and Brandon, but I wanted something fresh. Weird names are the new cool names right?

We only ever agreed on one boy name, and as it turned out we were having a girl.

Our baby at 29 weeks
We were able to agree on some names that were both classic sounding for Brandon, and a little different for me. It's probably good I have this guy to balance me out or our little princess would be named Clover. Lol

So you're dying to know right? I'll share with you our top finalists and see if you can guess.

Nora

Claire

Reagan

Emerson

Rowan

Tatum

Harper

Reese

Taylor

Tenley

How did you choose a name with your partner? How did you compromise your own styles and finally agree?

2 comments:

  1. Reese was on our list of baby girl names! I love it:) But really, all your name selections are beautiful. We had a boy name and a girl name picked out forever (Parker was actually from a character on a tv show!) when we needed to choose a second girl name, it was tough. Not even sure where, when, or why Jolie stuck as a favorite. We went back and forth with other names, and always came back to Jolie.

    Jesus Calling is my favorite- I read it every single morning. The kids version is great, too. It provides more structure than the adult version, further reading, and easy to understand. I would recommend it as a great one to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. You aren't the only one:) I started as soon as I was pregnant with our first and haven't stopped since! It seriously one of my favorite pregnancy related activities.

    ReplyDelete