Thursday, 13 December 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

Today I'm linking up with Keep Calm and Carry On for another Pinterest recreation. Sorry, wish I had something christmas-y for you, but alas, I've got baby on the brain.

I wanted to put the baby's name somewhere in her room, but between all the cutesy wood letters, banners, and such I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. Until I saw these here on Pinterest.

Original pin.


And although I'm not ready to reveal her name, here's a letter I'm willing to share. Yarn wrapped letters are the cutest things ever! Ahhh!

my yarn letter

What you need:

  • Cardboard letters- mine are from papersource
  • Yarn in an assortment of colors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Felt for rosettes
What you do:



  • First thing I did was cover the ends/ bottoms of the letters if they would be showing (like the end of the little "e" up there). I just cut strips of yarn and glued them across the area. Use more yarn, than less because the natural wrapping will cover your overhanging edges.
  • Starting on the backside of the letter ( I went in the natural direction I would write the letter) put a dab of hot glue and begin wrapping your yarn around the letter. If the natural curve of the letter started separating my yarn I'd just dab a little glue to make sure I had all the spaces covered.
  • I used my little rosettes in areas that ended up being a little bald.
I still have a few more DIY projects up my sleeve for the nursery, if I ever get to them. Our nursery is nothing fancy, we wanted to keep it very neutral. But I can't wait to share it with you anyway!



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up and for the sweet comment! :)Congratulations on your baby! I love the yarn letters and incorporating them in the room. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! I myself have been eyeing these letters for months. I'm now inspired to finally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so cute. I love how you chose a lower case letter!

    PS I found you from the link up!

    XOXO, Elle
    http://toasttotomorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm falling in love with those letter crafts, those this is the first lower case one that i've seen. It looks Fantastic! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and so perfect for a nursery!! Yours turned out great!

    Thank you for linking up with Katie & I! :)

    ReplyDelete