Friday, 4 January 2013

How to pass the time without killing everyone around you

So tomorrow is my due date. And I am really starting to hear that clock tick towards induction. I had my 40 week visit yesterday and I am still not making any progress. Why was I naive enough to think I'd go early like all my other first-time mom friends? Can you hear my frustration? Someone give me a chill pill.

My cervix is still fully closed. So we were not able to strip my membranes yesterday. I've had no interesting sightings in the bathroom, and no contractions. I know things can change quickly, and you can go into labor even with no prior progress, but I have to say I was a little disappointed when the word "induction" was brought up.

They want me to come in on Monday for a non-stress test, and we will nail down my induction date for the end of the week. First, let me say, the most most important thing here is that baby is healthy, regardless of how she makes her way into the world. But am I so wrong for wanting to experience the excitement/fear you experience when your water breaks for the first time or you realize your contractions are the real deal? Is it silly to want to yell at my husband every time he drives over a bump on our race to the hospital? I just don't want to miss out on all that fun!

Hello and goodbye due date
Keep Brandon, baby and I in your thoughts as we make our way through this final week. I am praying for patience. I am being treated to a mani-pedi, and a trim and blow out this weekend. Pampering is a great distraction from my ever aching hips and belly.

I may be quiet on the blogging front. But should there be any excitement, I will be flooding Instagram with pictures of our little nugget: follow me at 115danville.

Can't wait to be back with an awesome birth story to share!

 

3 comments:

  1. Praying that you go into labor tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I was in the SAME boat as you...and literally had my baby a day before my induction. Anything is possible...but if you do have to be induced, don't worry. I know tons of mamas who were and still had a great experience. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete