Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Reese is 3 Weeks Old!

Weight: 8lb 5oz++ We won't weigh in again til her one month checkup but this girl is packing it on. She looks different everyday!

Sleep: I can't complain. Reese is giving us a good 5 hour stretch early in the night. But around 3am it's play time. She goes back down between 5-6am for another 2 hour stretch. But we rarely get up more an twice overnight. She is amazing!

Diet: Breast milk from the tap. Still contemplating when to start bottles and give Brandon a turn. I have been pumping once a day to relieve engorgement after a feed, but I'm not saving up for a huge stockpile or anything. Since I will be staying home, we won't need to bottle feed very often.

 
Clothes: Can you believe I packed up my little girl's newborn clothes this weekend? I cried as I folded and stored this barely worn little jammys. We are officially in 0-3 clothes!

Baby Gear Love: Reese has been a bit more fussy during the day and really not letting me put her down for long. So the Moby is saving my life right now. We are still sleeping in our Rock n' Play for the first part of the night. The second half of the night she wants to been Mommy's chest or nursing to sleep.

Visitors: The week with my mother-in-law went great. We missed Daddy when he was away on business. But Brandon's mom left us with a freezer full of food and a clean house to get us started on our own.

Milestones: Baby girl is so much more alert this week. She is staying awake longer during the day, and is now locking eyes with us! I'm still waiting for a smile unrelated to gas! Reese wiggles and coos all over the changing table now. Her little frog legs and arms stretch out everywhere! She also had her first real bath this week. She loved it for about 5 minutes.. And then was SO over it!

It was another wonderful week with our girl! It's true that you body adjusts to very little sleep. And even though little Reese is a bit more needy this week, I wouldn't trade it for anything. She will only be this little for a short time, so I'm giving her all the snuggles and time she needs. The laundry and dishes can wait.

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy 3 weeks Miss Reese! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! LOVE that blue headband in the first picture. Do you mind sharing where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90% of her headbands are from Jameson Monroe on etsy, http://www.etsy.com/shop/JamesonMonroe
      They always post great deals on Groopdealz, so I usually wait and order them there ;) just a tip.

      Delete
  3. I love the first bow!! It's so adorable!! I've never heard of groopdealz before I will have to check it out :)!! not for a bow obviously lol, but for some cute boy stuff haha!!

    ReplyDelete