Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Reese is One Week Old!

I want to stop for a moment to give an update on our sweet Reese. It's been one full week since we met our baby, and it's been heaven ever since. I'm following the direction of Natasha at Shue Love and going to be some weekly updates on life with baby.

Hopefully I will have her birth story together this week, and also be updating you all on how I'm doing post- partum.

Weight: 7 lb 9 oz (give or take a few oz)

 

Health: Reese lost 5 oz at our 3 day check up. But since Mommy's milk only came in that morning, our doctor wasn't concerned. She is a tiny bit jaundiced but we are trying to get lots of sunshine and get plenty of Mommy's milk.

 

Sleep: Reese is sleeping 2-3 hours at a time. Most of the time it's me waking her up to eat. At night, we have her in the Rock n Play, and its working wonderful so far. I know I'm jinxing myself, but we really haven't woken up to any frantic crying. She's still itty bitty so we don't get to see her awake as much as we get to snuggle her sleeping.

 

Diet: Breastmilk all day and night. Reese has had a little trouble latching in the hospital and when my milk came in. My milk came in on Day 3 and we are slowly losing the nipple shields.

Visitors: Lots of visitors this week. My mom and dad were here and could not get enough of their first grandbaby. Friends and siblings from out of town have come to see us. We have visitors next weekend too. As much as I love that Reese is so loved... I am really looking forward to being selfish and getting her all to ourselves. I'm a hormonal mess and having trouble sharing.

Clothes: Such a peanut, she fits perfectly in Newborn clothes.

Baby Gear Love: We are loving our Moby, I could bundle her around on me all day long. She is so cozy. The thing was intimidating at first, but after a few YouTube videos, we had it down.

 

Likes: Daddy's voice, her swing, being swaddled tight at night, playing with her hands.

Milestones: Too many to name. First car ride, first walk around the block in her stroller, first doctor visit, and weaning off the nipple shield are just a few.

 

This has been the most incredible week of our lives. Motherhood has already changed me. I am so in love with my baby. I have never known love the way this love feels. I could stare at her all day. And I pretty much do. It's hard to sleep when I just wanna hold her.

Brandon is the most incredible husband and father already. He was my rock during labor. Those of you that saw our birth video could probably tell that man was the best labor coach I could have asked for. He reminded me to breathe. He cried with me, held me, and prayed with me over our new baby. He loves Reese so much, and I am more in love with him now, seeing him as the father of my child, than I ever have been before.

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts this week. I'm so excited to join the mommy club and keep up with all of you!

 

3 comments:

  1. She's just beautiful. You and your family of three look so content and blissful. Can't wait to be there soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lavender outfit. She looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beauty! congratulations again! Clearly, you are cherishing every minute which is just wonderful. It truly is a love like no other!

    ReplyDelete