Saturday, 2 February 2013

3 Week Postpartum Update

I'm a few days behind on this, but believe me, it hasn't been an eventful week. Before I get to this week's stats, let me just remind you what I looked like before I went into labor.
Okay now that we all remember how huge I was, I don't feel so bad about my barely 1 lb loss this week. And I'm actually rounding up when I say I lost a pound.
Here's this week's stats:
Weight loss this week: -1
Weight loss overall: -32
Pounds to pre-pregnancy goal: 6
This was my first week totally on my own with Reese while Brandon was at work. I have a 10 month old crazy Aussie named Cooper who is driving us all bonkers, and a 4 year old shihtzu named Miley who likes to get him going. Add that to a sweet baby girl who won't let me put her down all day and you get a mama who eats whatever she can grab with one hand. I have been trying to make dinner during 5 pm nap time but it hasn't worked out too well. There have been more 9pm dinners this week than I care to admit.
I realize now that I really need to meal plan on Sundays and get myself organized. I would really like to see the last 6 lbs come off in the next 3 weeks before my postpartum checkup. Then I can set my sights on bigger goals, and hopefully be cleared for some real exercise.
What kinds of exercise did you squeeze in with a newborn? Any video recommendations? Couch to 5k fans? I'd love to hear what's worked for you!

4 comments:

  1. I think you look great! That's amazing how fast the weight comes off when it took 9 months to put it on. Six pounds will be nothing! You'll probably get under your pre-pregnancy weight before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. I still have 10 lbs to go and I'm almost at the 6 month mark. Will Reese let you wear her in the moby during the day? That saved me on days where I couldn't put Avery down. I know what you're going through with the dogs. Our make things so much more difficult with the baby.

    ReplyDelete