Thursday, 7 February 2013

Reese is 1 Month Old!

 

Today my baby is one month old! How did that happen? I remember crying the day she turned a week old, and again when I packed up her newborn clothes, and now here she is starting to "ooooh" and "ahhhh" and look at me with a little toothless smile. Here is what little Reese is up to at 1 month old.

Weight: 9lb 8oz, up almost a full 2 lbs from her birth weight. Yay Reese!

Health: She is healthy as can be. She is putting on lots of yummy baby weight, and besides the occasional spit up, and hiccups all the time, we can't complain. She is feeling great!
Sleep: Reese sleeps an average of 3 hour stretches at a time, which is great for Mommy. We get her down in her Rock n' Play around 9pm. And usually wakes up for 1 and 5am feedings. However, every couple nights, girlfriend does not feel like going back to sleep. She just wants to hang out and kick her legs and grunt and laugh at Mommy's sleepy eyes. I usually end up bringing her to bed with me for the last leg of the night. She will nurse to sleep, or just suckle. Did I mention she still hates the paci? At the moment, I am the paci.
Diet: Breastmilk. I am still feeding on demand. Sometimes it's every 2 hours during the day. Sometimes it's twice in an hour. And overnight, I let her wake me when she's hungry. We still haven't started any bottles, but we will probably let Daddy start giving a bedtime bottle before she turns 2 months old.
Clothes: Reese is wearing 0-3 month clothes, and she is filling them out! Seriously, stop growing honey! We still aren't leaving the house much, but our daily photoshoots are reason enough to dress up! I'm afraid if I don't find excuses to dress her up, she won't ever wear half her clothes before she grows out of them.

Milestones: We started Vitamin D drops and an infant probiotic this week. Reese is enjoying bath time now! We bathe her every couple days, and you could swear she is going to fall asleep in the water. She is also hearing herself talk now, she surprises herself with loud coos and yells. It's the cutest thing! We also had our first REAL smile this week. Not the impooping smile, a real one. My heart skipped a beat.

My heart feels so full it could burst. I want to stop time and keep her like this forever, where she smells like milk and giggles in her sleep.

I know every age is going to bring something special. Soon she will laughing, rolling over, and scooting her little butt across the floor. But for now, I'm trying to keep her little, and enjoying each day with my sweet girl. I am surprised how natural this Mom thing has come to me. I can't imagine my life without her.

 

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Such a cute wardrobe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 month pretty girl :) I wish Matthew slept 3 hour stretches again, he stopped doing that around 4 months I think. Now its 20-30 min naps all day!! Which is still O.K, but 3 hours is awesome, you can get a lot more done :) Love all her stylish outfits & bows, what a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does go by soooo fast! But gets better everyday!!

    ReplyDelete