Thursday, 7 February 2013

SPD: Easy Dinner via Pinterest

Dinner these days has been less than stellar. I have done my best to meal plan on Sunday and plan ahead, but with a newborn it feels like time gets away from me and it's 6pm and I'm trying to defrost a turkey.
Thanks to my mom and mother in law stocking our freezer, we have been able to pop leftovers in the microwave, or Brandon makes a pizza and I grab a bowl of cereal. These late night, thrown together dinners aren't helping my quest to lose the baby weight any faster.
I've been away from Pinterest for a while, hello, my hands have been full. But I was inspired to actually cook something yummy, that wouldn't mess with my waistline. I sorted through dozens of yummy recipes and when I found this easy chicken recipe with great reviews, I decided to go for it, and was so happy I did. Seriously, get in my belly!

Original Pin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we cut ours to make 4)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
juice of 1/2 lemon


In a small bowl, combine all the spices.
Flatten your chicken breasts with a meat mallet to allow for even cooking. Or do it the lazy way and cut in half, B and I like our chicken on the thinner side.

Coat both sides of flattened chicken breasts with the spice mixture generously.

In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.


While chicken is cooking, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
Continue cooking stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

And eat it up! We made ours with roasted brussels and cous cous.


I'm linked up here today!

Do you have any go-to easy weekday meals to share? My brain is functioning on 30% and I'm always looking for ideas!



3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good to me! I would recommend pinning slow cooker recipes. I love how you can just throw everything in and in 6-8 hours dinner is ready. My husband and I use ours at least 2X per week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, this looks delicious! I'm adding it to my meal planning for next week. Thank you for the inspiration. PS - Easiest crockpot meal ever: 2-3 chicken breasts + 1 package of taco seasoning + 1 jar of salsa in a crockpot on low for 6+ hours is a favorite in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, easy and taste great?! Yep I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete