It was a cold, cold weekend here in Georgia. We spent most of the weekend bundled up together eating chicken noodle soup and watching movies.
And check out this love fest! Saturday nights sure aren't what they used to be but I wouldn't have it any other way.
And because I hate to leave you hanging, here is an easy, yummy chicken noodle soup recipe to warm you up while we are anxiously awaiting spring weather.
Chicken Noodle Soup
* 1/4 cup reg. olive oil (not extra virgin)
* meat of one store bought baked chicken
* 3 large cartons of chicken broth (fill soup kettle to 3/4 full)
* 1 Tbsp. of butter (optional)
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 large onion chopped to your liking
* 3 or 4 large celery stalks chopped
* 3 cups diced fresh carrots
* 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
* 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
* 1 Tbsp. of dried parsley
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 3/4 to 1 bag of uncooked egg noodles (broad or thin...your preference)
Pull the meat off of the chicken. You may want to just use the white meat. I use a little of the thigh meat as well. Set aside. Pour olive oil in the bottom of kettle and saute` the onions and celery for about 10 min. (Some people don't saute` them at all they just put it in the liquid all together.) Pour in the chicken broth, chicken and all seasonings.
Cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes. Put in the carrots and simmer another 5 minutes. Put the noodles in and simmer until noodles are done. The egg noodles will cook very quickly if you use skinny noodles. I have used pasta as well. Salt and pepper to taste.
And if you really feel like being naughty crumble some Ritz Crackers on that bowl of heaven!