Thursday, 7 March 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it: Fabric Banner


When I was browsing Pinterest looking for inspiration for Reese's nursery, I kept coming across images of gorgeous fabric banners. They look s whimsical and pretty. I have seen them used as room decor, weddings, party decor above cake tables, and even as photo props.
I had to have one. So to etsy I went. But I couldn't bring myself to spend $60 on something I knew I could make myself. So I used these photos as inspiration and got to work.

Original pin



Original pin


Here's what you need: thin rope or cord, fabric, scissors

Here's how: 1- cut fabric into strips 2- loop fabric around the rope, and tighten 3- repeat, and keep the fabric ribbons close together




Next time, I would get even more fabric to make it twice as long. I decided not to use this in our nursery because its just such a small room and already so busy. But I will hang into it for a photo prop, or party decorations. I love how it turned out.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! This is going on my Pinterest to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it adds as a perfect accessory for a party decoration or photo op! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making some of these for our wedding & for matthew's bday!! I saw them on pinterest and fell in love. have you seen the tissue paper ones, they are cheaper and super cute too1!

    ReplyDelete