Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Reese: 3 Months

 

Weight: 13lb + we won't get weighed til next month but judging by my sore arms she is still packing it on. These pictures don't lie haha

 

 

Milestones: Month 3 was incredible! The changes that happened this month alone have blown my mind. Reese smiles and makes the funniest faces. She started laughing (only a handful of times now), and has rolled over 4 times. She took her first 2 weekend trips. And she sits really well when she is propped up.

 

Sleep: We are continuing to cosleep. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but we love it. There is nothing sweeter than waking up to gummy smiles. If she starts to move around or grunt during the night, sometimes all she needs is my arm to curl around her back and she falls back to sleep. Sometimes she will nudge my chest and we'll dream feed ( basically eating while her eyes are still closed) and fall back to sleep. We are pretty much in bed 9pm- 7am every night.

 

Eating: We are still exclusively breastfeeding. I love it. I will keep encouraging all of my friends to try it, and push through the first 6 weeks where it's hard, and challenging, and so much work. It's amazes me what our bodies can do. It's supply and demand, the more she grows and eats, the more I produce, with no effort. On my mommy boards, all I hear is people stressing that they aren't making enough. I know these are legit challenges for some women. But the more you stress, the more your supply suffers. I didn't even mess with the pump until a few weeks ago. Just feeding Reese on demand has kept my supply amazing. I could feed the neighbors.

 

 

Clothing: We are in 3-6 month and 6 month clothing. Especially in pants, jumpers, jammys. They are still a little loose on top. Sister has got junk in her trunk like her momma. We are comfortably wearing size 1 diapers and the occasional cloth diaper, I haven't quite figured out how to manage the poo situation there. Suggestions?

 

 

Favorite moments: My favorite moments so far, are listening to her adorable laugh. I melt. I also love that she watches me from across the room and smiles, our mommy baby bond is absolutely incredible.

 

Worst moments: Worst moments have hands down been the times I can not soothe her. She has had a handful of times, where she has worked herself up so upset that she doesn't want to nurse, be held, sleep, nothing. So all I can do is rock her and cry along with her and pray she falls asleep soon.

Health: Her hemangioma is not growing. Praise God. We are still keeping in touch with her doctor in case we need treatment. But by her 8 month birthday we should be totally in the clear of any further growth, so we pray it continues to stay this small.

 

I am just so in love and in awe of this little girl. She is no longer my newborn, and that actually makes me sad. It went by so fast. And I look at her now, and I imagine the the next 3 months will fly by also. And soon I'll be watching her take her first steps and try her first avocado and I will cry all over again. I am so thankful for you, little Reese. You have made me such a better person.

 

2 comments:

  1. She is such a chunk, I love it! I also feel like these three months have flown by, TOO FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! Your little girl is such a doll! I miss this age! :(

    ReplyDelete