Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Taste of Tuesday: Chili Mac

Today I'm sharing one of my Duh Recipes. What's a Duh recipe you ask? Well they are meals that come to you when you are staring into your pantry and need to throw something together, and then a lightbulb goes on, and you create the easiest meal ever in 10 minutes.

Now I wouldn't dare say this is the prettiest meal, or that I am some pioneer when it comes to cooking. I am too lazy for much measuring and this might drive you crazy. But what this recipe is.. is dang good, dang easy, and dang filling for around 400 calories.

Chili Mac


Heres what you need: 
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
jar of favorite tomato sauce
elbow macaroni noodles
taco seasoning
light brown sugar
cayenne papper, chili powder, onion powder
sharp cheddar (optional)


Brown your ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning.



Stir in a jar of tomato sauce. (Eyeball it. Depends on how much meat your using)


Stir in a tablespoon or two of light brown sugar. And if you like a little extra spice some cayenne, chili powder and onion powder. I don't measure but I'd guess around 1/2 teaspoon each.


Boil and drain your noodles. This is around 4 cups cooked.

Stir in your noodles.


Think to yourself, I hope this tastes better than it looks.


Garnish with a little sharp cheddar, and enjoy! 
For us this made about 5-6 servings.



Do you have any Duh recipes to share? I love easy meals that actually taste good. I can almost make this with Reese in my arms (and usually do) it's so easy! Head here and share yours with us.



6 comments:

  1. stopping by from the link up! This looks so good... I am a new cooker & I think I can definitely handle this one! I love taco seasoning recipes!

    your newest fan,
    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend!!! I'm so glad you linked up today! And I am loving this DUH recipe! Perfect for a weeknight meal! Happy Tuesday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seriously looks delicious! It reminds me of hamburger helper when I was growing up, but a much cleaner version for you. YUM! So glad you linked up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so tasty. Will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!...this is right up the Bracco alley!!! And you will be thanked when our bellies are full of this deliciousness one of these nights ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used one small can of tomato sauce and a can of rotel for sauce. The kiddos were happy campers. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete