Tuesday, 16 April 2013

The Ugly Truth: 3 months postpartum

Truth is, I don't wanna write this. I know I'm a biatch. I lost the pregnancy weight in 2 months. And I was one of the lucky ones. All I had to do was breastfeed and stay busy with my little one. No cutting calories, no grueling workouts. But this has still left me 20 lbs overweight (for me).
So as my weight loss plateaued in March, I knew I had to start making some changes. I started preparing meals, and walking more. And when that wasn't making the magic happen, I started Insanity with Brandon.

But guess what? Nada. My weight has not budged in over a month.

Am I a bit more toned? Sure, slightly. I'm mad. I have stalled out and I'm trying to figure out how to get things moving again. It's trial and error here. I've said it before. Breastfeeding is my top priority, so I can't cut my calories too much, but I can definitely make healthier choices than I've been making.
So this is it. The Ugly Truth. Not much has changed, and it's discouraging. But regardless of the scale, I'm gonna keep pushing forward. Eventually something's gotta give right?

.
Here's the stats:
Weight loss this month: 0
Weight loss overall: -38
Weight loss to goal: 20

Goals for month 4:
Run total of 30 miles
Lose 4 pounds
Lose 4 inches

So for the next few weeks I'm going to try alternating Insanity days with getting out with the jogging stroller. I think extra cardio outside might be the extra push I need. It's already summer in south GA, so that means we need to get that out of the way as soon as we wake up. I'm also going to try to eat 75% clean. It's a start!


4 comments:

  1. You are one beautiful mama! Really, you look great. I give you so much credit for your workout commitment. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Salt and pepper keepers are from Williams-Sonoma :)

      Delete
  2. I think you look fantastic!! And you have done such a great job losing the weight...but I also understand that we are our worst critic. Alternating work outs is a great way to keep your body from getting in "routine".

    ReplyDelete