Sunday, 14 April 2013

Weekend Recap (4.15)


What began as a beautiful weekend here in Georgia turned ugly fast. My happy wonderful girl made it through a day of errands on Friday with no fussing or crying the entire time. The sun was shining, Daddy played golf, Mommy got new shoes, the world was beautiful.

And then my daughter disappeared and was replaced with a monster child.

I had plans. I was going to make a pot of chicken noodle soup, and prepare a bunch of meals for the week. And instead? Brandon and I held each other and cried. That, and ate Chinese food and drank away our sorrows.

The poor thing must be going through one hell of a growth spurt. I think she's been awake a total of 5 hours all weekend, and has just been miserable. None of our usual go-to tricks or holds seem to be doing the trick. So we're buckling up and going along for the ride and praying this ends in a day or two.

Baby head wrap

For a monster, she sure is cute though. Linked up here today. Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. New follower from the mommy moments link up. Your little babe is a cutie! & love that headband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she is so adorable and I love her baby head wrap. Re: the inexplicable crying -- i've been there. Hang in there!

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, you LOOK like you have it together :) I'm sure I'll be there soon, and when I am, I'll be thinking about the 'seasons' of all things baby, and more importantly, that the not fun ones eventually pass. Can't believe how big she's getting - she is so sweet in her darling headband and cute dress. Thinking of you and hubby and sweet baby girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby...and mommy and daddy..haha..hopefully she is back to her normal smiley cheeky self soon... but she still is such a cute little monster! ;) And hey, at least mommy got new shoes and booze/carbs were invented to get us through a tough couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! Hopefully it is just teething or something that will pass!

    ReplyDelete