Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Reese: 4 Months



Weight: 15 lb 8 oz .. my squishy girl! You are around the 80th percentile for length and weight. Crazy!


Milestones: Reese is rolling over front and back now. She is finally using her hands too. Sometimes I wake up to her just touching my nose or caressing my cheek. So sweet. She loves to hold her toys and put them all in her mouth. A few weeks ago she fund her voice and would just sing. it was he funniest thing. She also moves her tongue all funny like she's talking. We have officially entered the coo-ing stage and it's adorable. She is scooting when she's on her back. She especially likes to do this when we are changing her diaper. She lifts her chubby little butt up and scoots away from her diaper and laughs. She officially laughs on command now. Daddy loves finding new things that send her into hysterics, no joke the other night he just kept repeating the phrase, "Spicy, Baha Sauce", and she died every time. Weirdos. Reese is using her jumpy seat. She isn't quite "jumping" but she does like to try and chase the doggies.


Sleep: Ahh the 4 month sleep regression began visiting us before the 4 month mark. My sweet girl went from waking maybe once and sleeping through the night, to waking 3-7 times. Sometimes she just tosses back and forth crying in her sleep. They say their brain is developing so fast right now that sometimes they cant push past a thought and just whimper in their sleep. Well it happens like all night long. As tired as I am, I know that this phase ends, and with it come lots of new skills. I see her changing and learning something new everyday. We are still co-sleeping. We plan to start transitioning her to starting the nights in her room around 6 months.


Eating: Exclusively breastfeeding and going strong. It's one of my favorite parts of being a mommy. There is nothing like watching her pull away to look up and smile at me, as if saying "thanks mom". We were given the green light on cereal, but I find it nutritionally pointless as she gets everything she needs from nursing. We will skip to real food at 6 months.


Clothing: Comfortably wearing 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers. I have feeling we are only a few weeks away from 6-9. Can not believe how fast she is growing.


Favorite moments: I have loved watching her learn new things. Learning to coo and sing was pretty adorable. Watching her laugh at Cooper, our dog, is awesome. She just loves him. Reese also loves reading stories now. We have tried from the beginning to read her books, but she wasn't into it until a few weeks ago. She will kick her legs and coo and loves to listen to us read. It's one of my favorite times of the day.


Worst Moments: Crying in her sleep, tantrums in the car, getting her 4 month shots, and just about every diaper change or shirt change these days. sister does not like wearing clothes!



Reese is changing and growing so much these days that I fear if I blink I may miss something. We are really finding our groove with this parenting thing. And love this child more every sweet second! I celebrated my first Mother's Day and it was really all it was cracked up to be. Being her mother is best job in the world. 

I can not wait to see what Reese starts getting into this month. I have feeling we are on the verge of finding toes, mimicking our voices, and teething. Fun stuff ahead!



I love you Goose.



4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about breasfeeding! She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that face!! She is so precious!! Love that pillow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just nominated you for The Liebster Award. CHeck out my page and follow me =0)

    ReplyDelete