Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Hey Stranger

Shame on me. I've been away too long. To be honest, this month we are on three separate vacations and I am only home long enough to do laundry and pack again. And sometimes I feel like I am faced with a decision, live my life or write about it. I never wanted my blog to feel like that. So if I slip away now and again, it's only because I am losing that precious balance and need some time away.



Here is what we have been up to the last few weeks.

Reese's bottom two teeth finally made their way all the way in. Just in time for her top two to begin their descent. I have pretty much accepted the fact that the next year and a half will be teething hell. But  I will tell you the top ones seem to be way less dramatic than the first two.





Reese turned 6 months old last week. She is starting to look like a big girl. And it's freaking me out. A full 6 month update to come!


We spent a week in Virginia, swimming at the lake. We had this great idea to drive through the night, so that Reese would sleep through the majority of the 12 hour drive. FAIL! Every time we stopped for gas or just to close our eyes she woke up, or the dogs started barking at everything, or the AC was too cold, or it was too hot, or I had to pee. Ugh.. never again!


We had a great time teaching Cooper to swim. Reese enjoyed the lake too. We finally had an excuse to put on her 8 different swimsuits, 3 of which didn't even fit her curvy frame! I actually wish people hadn't spent the money on cute swimsuits and bikinis, because this momma is too worried about sunburns to wear them anyway. She may as well have been in a hazmat suit. Oh well. I love her creamy skin and don't want her burned up.


Time is just flying. I hope everyone has been well. I am anxious to catch up with all of you and hope you are enjoying this wonderful summer as much as we are!



4 comments:

  1. She is precious! I love her little outfits :)
    Her pool is cute, especially with the sun shield, where did you guys get it?

    Happy Half Birthday, Reese!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the whole hazmat suit thing. I made sure baby E's skin was as covered as possible and that he stayed in the shade the whole time we were on vacation! Maybe next year when he is old enough to water sunscreen he will finally feel some sunshine on his baby skin. Sounds like you guys have had a fun but busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do a swimsuit photo shoot! That way you get a little use out of them. It's sad how many baby clothes are impractical, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you in the blogging world! Glad you had such an amazing month!

    ReplyDelete