Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Reese is 6 months old



Baby girl,

 You are 6 months old. We have gotten to such a special milestone. Your half birthday is a big deal! Life as I know it is completely changed. The sleepless nights and days spent in pajamas are a far cry from my old life. Yet, I hardly remember life before you. You are my most precious blessing. 



It has been an amazing six months watching you grow. You are such a good girl. At the moment, you just love your Momma. This month you started putting your arms out towards me. As soon as I hand you off, you whine and cry and stretch those arms out for me and it breaks your Daddy's heart. I told him in another 6 months you won't need me as much. But for now, I secretly love that we are such pals. Believe me, baby, it's mutual. When you are sleeping in your crib at night, I miss you terribly. I look forward to bringing you to bed when you wake up.

At six months, you love to play. You love trying new food. And you love your doggies. You are learning to give kisses, and covering your face with blankies to play peek a boo. You roll and swim on the carpet and dying to crawl. Each day brings something new, and we just adore you, honey!








Weight: 18 lbs. This is the first time in months you have been under the 90th percentile. You are such a chunk. I love it!

Milestones: You got your first two teeth a few weeks ago. You are starting to sit up, although you topple over if I don't stay too close. You have started going to bed in your crib and tried your first taste of baby food last week! 

Sleep: You are now taking all of your naps and starting the night out in your crib. We are still adjusting, and you sometimes wake up and forget you are sleeping by yourself. But you do better sleeping every week! You sleep around 8:30pm-6:30am every night, but still like to nurse a few times overnight. I'm okay with this. You are still taking 3 naps a day and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Eating: You love eating food. We started giving you an ounce every other day and have worked up to around 2-3 ounces a day. It's been fun exploring all of these new tastes. So far you have had sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash, pears and prunes. After 6 months of only breast milk, you have had a hard time going potty, so you've been getting more prunes than usual. We still love our nursing time and I am no hurry to stop. 


Favorite Moments: Too many to count. We loved watching you learn to really play with your toys this month. You enjoy rolling across the room. Our first real vacation was so much fun. Watching you go swimming for the first time was my favorite moment ever. You loved splashing and kicking in the water.



Worst Moments: The first two teeth were a doozy! Between those and Wonder Week 26, sleep has really been touch and go. I definitely had moments of frustration, but we found our way. 


I thank God every day for giving me such a sweet baby. We love you, Goose.

As big as the sky,  Momma

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. Happy six months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your write your posts directed to her! I'm going to try that for Gabriel's 11 month update. So much more enduring! Congrats to the first couple teeth! Hope it gets easier. We do the amber (I think I told you that, maybe?) and it seems to really help!

    XOXO/Lena @ RootandBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely beautiful! Happy six-month-birthday, sweet Reese! :)

    ReplyDelete