Thursday, 10 October 2013

We're Still Alive


I feel awful that I've been away from writing for so long. Especially after the kind responses I got about my last post. The timing of me writing about my hardships fitting in in a city that never felt like home, and with people who didn't seem eager to get know me was pretty crazy. I told you about how long we prayed that Brandon might get another job, or get transferred to another place. We bargained with God a lot over this. That "when we move..." we will go to church again, try harder to make friends, put ourselves out there, etc, etc.


We had finally gotten to a point where we had accepted the cards we were dealt. Really started throwing ourselves into things, new churches, baby classes, I even made plans for our first play date.
Days after I wrote that post, we had an answer to prayer. It seemed God was waiting for us to really be ready to accept His plans, be open to possibilities, to start trying. Because Brandon got a call not only that he would be getting a new position. But a raise, and relocation on top of it.


I had prepared myself to have 3 or 4 weeks to pack, but Brandon's company had us moved within 2 weeks! Can you imagine packing up your entire house with an 8 month old hanging on your leg the whole time?


So life has really changed for us this past month. We didn't move far. Only about 90 minutes north, but to a much bigger city, and closer to Atlanta. So far, we really like it here. And we promised ourselves we wouldn't let a year pass before trying to make friends and making a life here.



Lots of things happening with our little lady as well. I have Reese's 9 month update coming soon! I can't wait to catch up and see what's new with all of you!


4 comments:

  1. wow! what an exciting new adventure for you guys! I completely understand what it is like packing up your whole house with a little baby around to help you! I'm so glad to hear that you like this new town, I hope the transition continues to go well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, so exciting!!!! :) Congrats to your sweet family and look forward to updates soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back! Congrats on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - great to see you back! (I had just stumbled upon your blog around the time of your last post so you probably don't know who I am!!) :) Hope this move is just what you needed and you get settled in quickly to your new home and community and can make some good connections. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete